Knowing that at times my art heals souls or makes people laugh is very important to me and makes me happy.
My name is Joanna Kaminska and I am an artist and designer behind JOKAMIN.
My work is a continuous spiritual journey that has, up to now, brought me from Poland through New York to Ireland.
My style is naive, authentic and this, together with my individual view of the world, influences my art. My illustrations and paintings are often daily scenes, conversations overheard or situations seen. Anything could be a starting point for new art work: somebody’s facial expression, a title in the newspaper, a gesture or a particular song.
Basically, I create what I feel is true to me and what my intuition tells me. My work is inspired by authenticity, reality, identity, beauty, people and life generally.
My paintings are often quirky, thought-provoking and sometimes nostalgic. I picture moods and beauty and like Henrie Cartier-Bresson I try to capture “the decisive moment”. I am very observant and enjoy illustrating life.
- "Image" magazine
- "Irish Times" magazine
- "Gloss" Magazine
- "Image Interiors & Living"
- "Munster Interiors"
- "Irish Country Magazine"
- "Sunday Business Post Magazine"
- "Irish Examiner"
- "Evening Echo"
- “Cheltenham Illustration Annual”
- “Pocketful Illustration Magazine”
- "Turn to the Ordinary" - Cork Craft & Design Showcase, Cork - 2018
- "The Language of Colour" - Etain Hickey's gallery, Clonakilty - 2018
- Quay Coop Restaurant, Cork - 2017
- Cork School of Music, Ireland – 2016
- The Wilson Art Gallery & Museum, Cheltenham, UK 2014
- Royal Dublin Society for Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year 2013